Monday, May 5, 2008

Part Time Jobz

I have a 'job' at the animation lab in the computer building of my school. The idea is that I sit up here and help out people with their assignments and stuff. Like I think I'm supposed to periodically get up and walk around, asking if anyone needs any assistance or anything like that. I totally don't though. I usually spend this time working on my short animation. That short is a whole another story in itself though. Maybe I'll make another post about that tonight.

ANYWAYS, the animation lab here just got a new Wacom Cintiq tablet monitor and man is it ever sexy. Every time I work here I quickly go to hog it. I don't ever use the tablet feature, I only use it as a double monitor, but it's still awesome. He look, here it is now!



This picture is courtesy of the DePaul gaming development website.

Anyways, I really should be working on my project. There is a total of 39 shots to animate and I have a crap pass done on all but about 3 or 4, which I intend to do tonight. Right when I finish writing this blog post, which I'm currently using as a form of procrastination. Here's a screen shot of the character. That background's not done yet. If it was I'd be in trouble:



Tim, my roommate and guy in charge of lighting/texturing/rendering is working on getting me a rendered shot now, he told me he'd have by Wednesday, so I'm expecting it around next winter. I am actually quite excited to see how it turns out.

Also, Iron Man made over 100 million dollars opening weekend. 84% of people who saw this movie gave it an A. 96% gave it an A or B. Wow, this thing is gonna be huge. Wait, it already is. I wonder if it'll hit a billion...it did rock. Hard. Short sentences.

EDIT: Of course, they're already talking Iron Man sequels. There are apparently now actually 4 in talks. That's right, a total of 5 Iron Man movies. lol.

0 comments: