Thursday, June 25, 2009

A year at home away from home away from home

Today was June 25th, which means it has been exactly 1 year since I moved out of Chicago and back into my parents house here in Minnesota. Oh sure I could have stayed in Chicago, maybe even stayed in the same apartment for another year while I looked for work or did whatever else. I'm still wondering if I made the right decision in moving home for a year or not, but its still weird and someone entertaining to stop and think about what life might have been like if you decided to do that other thing.

I thought about making this a really lengthy retrospective about that past 12 months, but thinking back I'm really not sure how much I have to say about it. The most important thing I did was spend a good 9 of those months interning at the Japan America Society of Minnesota, meeting all kinds of people in or around the Japanese community in this state. I made a new group of friends out of a bunch of people at the University of Minnesota which is something that I was never really expecting, but totally welcome.

Whoops, if I would have kept that previous paragraph's train of thought going this totally would have become a really long retrospective that no one is probably interested in reading. You know what? Screw that, I'm looking into whats ahead of me which is bound to be WAAAAY more interesting. I'm going to the country where crap like this is not only socially acceptable, but also apparently encouraged:

Photobucket



So yeah the past 12 months, awesome things that happened:

-made website
-got internship at JASM, made friends and met many new people
-joined Animation Mentor, made friends and met many new people
-went to New York. Twice.
-went to Chicago. 4 times.
-passed the Japanese Language Proficiency test Level 2
-started yoga, lost lots of weight

Stuff that was not awesome in the past 12 months:

-made $0

Yup, that's all. I leave for California in less than 2 weeks. That'll be fun! I hope I can find something interesting to update with before then.

1 comments:

petethepanda said...

your photobucket bandwidth was exceeded and your page is impossible to read lol