Friday, August 8, 2008

Fujio Akatsuka

I was wandering around youTube today and I came across the following video:



I wanted to watch it because I remember seeing Tamori on television a lot in Japan, and I always enjoyed listening to him. I never had any idea what he was saying, but he seemed pretty funny. So, I started watching this video, which is him giving a memorial address for the recently deceased Manga artist Fujio Akatsuka. After watching this only once, I only understood around half of what he was saying, but the more I listened the more I wanted to know about Fujio Akatsuka. He was apparently the pioneer of comic manga in Japan during the late 50's and 60's, but until now I have never heard of him.

Anyways, the three works he is best knows for would be Tensai Bakabon, Osomatsu-kun, and Himitsu no Akko-chan, all of which I have also not heard of. I wonder if there is a way I can somehow get these books because I would very much like to read them. And finding Japanese books here in Minnesota is almost impossible, but I guess I will search around online. I also want to read through Tamori-san's speech and understand it more, so lets try and do that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

「天才バカボン」はいいです、本もテレビも。このエッセイに短いけど赤塚さんの漫画に対する考え方が紹介してあります。
http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/column/animagedon/TKY200808060270.html

真次